Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My WONDERFUL GRANDFATHER...Thatha...


A die hard cricket fan..a thorough enthusiast..a professional in playing cards..an avid magazine reader..enjoyed cooking..a wonderful story teller...an adamant athiest..humorous to the core...a simple man with a huge heart...rode and adored his bicycle even at d age of 70..a man known by every shop owner in the locality..a man who loved life..This was my GRANDFATHER-Thata !!

March 12, 2003 - It was a lousy summer afternoon...I had just got home from college and was watching a Kannada movie with mom...Got a call from Gowri(my cousin) that my thatha hadnt gotten up from sleep since she came back hours after skool..Immediately Mom n I rushed to Granny's and found out the INEVITABLE !!

It was a very hard thing to digest for me as I had just adored him for more reasonz than one..

That day - till date...I miss him a lot...I miss pestering him...I miss his Sowthekayi gojju (cucumber gravy)..I MISS EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM !! :( Thinking of him still getz a tear to my eye ..

Story Teller - He used to narrate stories from Mahabharata to serial stories on tv to article stories from magazines like sudha, taranga, thushara etc...He even used to create stories to tell me everyday... I used to sleep with legs on his tummy and get into an imaginary world while he told them and sometimes I would even fall asleep...

FOOD - He used to prepare amazingly tasty food..He was fond of it..I used to skip food at my place to eat the ones he had prepared...He found ultimate ecstasy preparing and eating fud..

CRICKET - He taught me everything about cricket...The rules and the funda...he was soo crazy about it, no 1 can ever imagine..he used 2 finish up all his work right on time, just to settle in front of TV to watch cricket...During World Cupz, he had the world cup chart stuck all over the house...Co-incidentally, he left us during world cup and his 13th day ceremony was on d day of world cup finalz played by India and Australia..which he was longing to watch..

Cardz - His 5 broz and he were maniacz of playing cards, even though ajji alwayz fought with him :)..they used to love it and enjoy and spend hours doing so..even on d last day he had got back after a game of deckz wd his brothers..

Thata, you will alwayz be remembered and missed a lot..for everything that you are..You will alwayz be the one person I will look upon for time to come..

Luv U Alwayz,
Putti / Shilpi :)

8 comments:

  1. oh oh may his soul rest in peace, grand parents are those who really love us more than our parents...

    ReplyDelete
  2. shilu glad tata could leave such an impression on u.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chinna,nangu daddy andre (ninna thatha) thumba favourite.I also miss him a lot.Ninna blog odi,haleyadella(12-3-2003) flashback kanna munde banthu.Thatha anthu illa,atleast ajjina navu chennagi nodikollona alva?

    Chiks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shilpa..

    Hey i found your blog very interesting till the point i have read and it was about your grandpa which i read last.

    I found it very touchy and like you, i too used to love my grandpa a lot and still miss him. I have a similar kind of memories for my dada ji(grand pa).It reminds me off the days when i was a kid and he used to play with keys to draw our attention towards him. Every b'day cake i cut, i cut it with him and lots more coming in memory to tell.But i am stopping myself here.

    God Bless you!!!
    Shikha

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Shikha... :) thnx...am so glad u could recall all these coz of dz blog..we can chat about it sometime :)hehe

    ReplyDelete